Essential oils have had a long history and are scientifically proven to be extremely powerful and significant, especially for health and beauty, as they are extracted from plants. We will learn all the noteworthy benefits of these oils and know the history behind them.
Let’s Dig Deeper into the History!
It is mentioned in history that essential oils are directly associated with herbal medicines. Ancient history reveals numerous benefits of essential oils for health. It truly works like magic and provides treatment for minor ailments. Some evidence showed the healing properties of plants found in France a long time back. The use of essential oil was first seen in China between 2697-2597 B.C.E. In 4500 B.C.E, Egyptians used aromatic oils. They were highly appreciated and are still known for essential aromatic oils.
At the earliest time, Indians were using Ayurveda which has a 3000 years old history of incorporating essential oils. Over 700 ingredients had been used for making medicines, including cinnamon, ginger, myrrh, and sandalwood, which have powerful healing properties. The first interaction with ayurvedic medicine was on the Indian sub-continent during the travels with Alexander the Great. They found Ayurveda’s benefits and its healing properties.
The Romans use essential oils, and they are well known for applying perfumed oil to their bodies and clothes. They use oils in massage and baths.
For perfume compositions, essential oil includes some flowers such as rose, jasmine, and lavender; fruits such as bergamot and orange; woods like sandalwood. The techniques and methods used for the production of essential oils were developed by Ibn al-Baitar (1188–1248), an Al-Andalusian (Muslim Spain).
Uses of Essential Oils
- Essential oils are a mixture of several components. They are used to produce perfumes, cosmetics, soaps, and other products.
- They are used for flavoring food items and drinks, and for household cleaning products.
- Aromatherapy is a practice of medicine within which healing effects ascribed to aromatic compounds. Aromatherapy is helpful to induce relaxation.
- Used in balsams, perfumed oils, scented barks, spices, and aromatic vinegar.
- Oils and pastes have been transforming into pills, powders, and ointments with the use of essential oils.
- The ointment made of essential oils was carried by soldiers into battlegrounds to counter infections.
- Improper use of essential oils may cause harm to sensitive skin and skin irritation.
Health Benefits of Components of Essential Oils
- Peppermint: It is used to boost energy and digestion.
- Lavender: It is used to relieve stress.
- Sandalwood: It is used to calm the nervousness.
- Rose: It is used to reduce anxiety.
- Chamomile: It is used to improve mood and provide relaxation.
- Tea Tree: It is used to fight infections and boost immunity.
- Jasmine: It is used to help with depression and childbirth.
- Lemon: It is used to aid digestion, mood, headache, etc.
Overall, it is stated that the use of essential oil is good for everyone’s skin and health. It has healing properties, and for many years it has been playing an important role and is used as a medicine, in cosmetics, and perfumes. For minor treatments, essential oils work as a complementary therapy. There are various kinds of essential oils available on sites like Shopify. Go and grab the best deals available on TrueGether!